Obsidian Clipper BETA
An unoffical Obsidian clipper for Chrome
This is an unofficial clipper for Obsidian that allows you to easily clip a selection to a note in Obsidian. Made by Joost Plattel. This plugin is available as open-source on Github.
- Specify a vault & note to clip to
- Automatically open Obsidian
- Configure your custom clipping template with placeholders
- Clip plain text or formatted markdown
- And more coming!
Why do I need to approve
https://jplattel.github.io/obsidian-clipper/clip.htmlto open Obsidian?
- This is the redirect page that opens Obsidian with the right vault & note. You will only need to approve this once, further clips will use the same page and thus not require additional authorization.
- How safe is this extension to use?
- I'm not storing or receiving any details about the clippings you do. In case of doubt, find someone technical that can review the code and figure out if it's safe!
- Why can't I install this via the normal Chrome plugin store?
- This plugin uses a loophole to open the obsidian vault via a redirect to a page who does the redirect based on parameters. While this functionality is standard, the Chrome store surely wouldn't allow it.
- Is there a firefox extension available as well!
- Yup! But it needs some work to install, have a look at the readme.
- Who made this and why?!
- Well, I'm glad you asked! That would be me, Joost. As for why? I'd like to tinker around! Curious about more? Feel free to sign up to my monthly newsletter!
- Want to support further development?
- Feel free to support me through Ko-Fi.